Environmental Barriers To Communication
- Relating to or arising from a person’s surroundings
- concerned with the ecological effects of altering the environment; “environmental pollution”
- (environment) the totality of surrounding conditions; “he longed for the comfortable environment of his living room”
- Aiming or designed to promote the protection of the natural world
- Relating to the natural world and the impact of human activity on its condition
- of or relating to the external conditions or surroundings; “environmental factors”
- The imparting or exchanging of information or news
- the activity of communicating; the activity of conveying information; “they could not act without official communication from Moscow”
- a connection allowing access between persons or places; “how many lines of communication can there be among four people?”; “a secret passageway provided communication between the two rooms”
- A letter or message containing such information or news
- The successful conveying or sharing of ideas and feelings
- something that is communicated by or to or between people or groups
- A fence or other obstacle that prevents movement or access
- Something that prevents progress or success
- A circumstance or obstacle that prevents communication or that keeps people or things apart
- (barrier) a structure or object that impedes free movement
- (barrier) any condition that makes it difficult to make progress or to achieve an objective; “intolerance is a barrier to understanding”
- (barrier) anything serving to maintain separation by obstructing vision or access
environmental barriers to communication – Making Sustainability
Beyond Barriers II: The Pythian Oracle
We must go ‘Beyond Barriers’ when questions arise which can no longer be addressed within a current frame of reference. Literally and metaphorically, Beyond Barriers II is about the breaking down barriers that exist in our cultural belief systems. This is the first time that I have chosen to explore anima (feminine) on her own. My quest here is to find meaning in our present world where the race towards improved technology and cyberspace communication is shielding society from the nature flow of genuine interaction, human contact and emotion.
It is about the world’s desperate need for a Re-Emergence of the Strong Feminine (Anima) attributes within us all, in order to regain balance with the predominant masculine (Animus) characteristics that have become the anathema to present day survival (I.E. power, achievements, success, competition, etc).
In ancient Greece, the feminine principles of presence, compassion, intuition, wisdom, tolerance, (etc.) were respected and venerated. As such traits become increasingly scarce so is a world created where individuality is being lost at every level of society; there is little to no recognition of heart or soul.
(Wishing Well) The Oracle is a place, be it a physical one or a state of mind, that is unclouded by reason or judgment. It is a place where one goes to seek answers, to listen to ones soul, to wait for directive advice from within. Pythia, the goddess who presided over the Oracle, was a symbol of feminine intuition, inspiration, mystery and prophecy. She was highly regarded for her power to lure great heroes from far and wide with her authoritative and accurate visions.
I have chosen to create an oracle as a wishing well and fountain that hovers above a surface of water. Spilling from spouts marked with clear, environmental advice ‘Keep my Water Clean’, the water pools into a limestone well and cascades into a pond. The goddess Pythia presides over the oracle.
Pennsylvania Limestone (Lintel from the Heinz estate), Colorado sandstone, cast iron drain, steel, pump for fountain function
Cobblestones set in sand have the environmental advantage of being permeable paving, and of flexing rather than cracking with movements in the ground.
environmental barriers to communication
This book provides the steps and strategies necessary to take leadership actions to help business “future-proof” society.